Re: compiling qmail+ldap

Hey man, the instances of slapd are increasing, when i first run it was
3, when i did a search it became 5, and now there are 6 instances of
slapd.
This was not happening in 1.2.11 version, now i have installed 2.0.15,
is this behaviour ecpected.

-Vishy

> Ah, yes, sorry. I'm using ezmlm-idx, not the straight ezmlm package.
> That's why I have so many options that you don't. I forgot about that.
>
> Anyway, just use whatever options of aApP apply to your list.
>
> You might want to check that qmail is running under the right user
IDs,
> and verify that all the directories are owned by the right users.
>
> In this case, I think qmail queue needs to be owned by qmailq.qmail
and
> the directory for the list needs to be iServer.iServer
>
> It looks like the .qmail files may not all be in the right location
for
> ezmlm, in that home directory. Could you also send me the LDIF of the
LDAP
> entry for the list, as well as an ls -l in the home directory of the
list
> user?
>
> On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Vishwanath K wrote:
>
> =>Hey itseems to be working but getting confused some where, I have
> =>attached the qmail log file for debug, hope u can get all the stuff
> =>required for analysis.
> =>
> =>The bounced mail is also not being delivered, saying some file
opeing
> =>permission failed.
> =>
> =>Am worried, Even am going home now, we will meet tomorrow again.
> =>Good night.
> =>
> =>And yes -dlinqr and -5 optiins did not work, i have only aApP
options.
> =>
> =>Thanx for all the help u did.
> =>
> =>-Vishy
> =>
> =>
> =>> On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Vishwanath K wrote:
> =>>
> =>> =>Is the mailing list called 'ircd' in your example ?
> =>> =>and what does -dlinqr and -5 means, is it the options you are
> =>passing or
> =>> =>it mean some tings else
> =>> =>
> =>> =>Is there '-' between '/mail/store/lists/ircd/.qmail' and 'ircd'
> =>> =>
> =>> =>Please get back soon.
> =>> =>-Vishy
> =>>
> =>> Yes, the mailing list is called ircd.
> =>>
> =>> The -dlinqr and -5 options are options for ezmlm. They setup the
way I
> =>> wanted the list configured and don't relate at all to how
qmail-ldap
> =>> handles the addressing.
> =>>
> =>> The line is:
> =>>
> =>> ezmlm-make -dlinqr /where/the/homedir/is
/where/the/homedir/is/.qmail
> =>listname hostname
> =>>
> =>> So, no, there is no - between them. dlinqr can be replaced by
whatever
> =>> options are suitable for the list (see the ezmlm-make
documentation).
> =>>
> =>> Once that is setup, and the LDAP entry I sent earlier (below in
the
> =>quoted
> =>> section) is in place, ezmlm worked for me. The
mailAlternateAddress
> =>was
> =>> the biggest difference that I think you need to apply to the LDAP
> =>entry
> =>> for the list you're doing.
> =>>
> =>> Just make sure that qmail-ldap works if you try to lookup both
> =>listname
> =>> and listname-owner and listname-help, etc. You can presumably do
that
> =>by
> =>> sending a message to one of those addresses.
> =>>
> =>> If it still isn't working, send me some information on the list
you're
> =>> setting up, any relevant logs from qmail, and any other logs that
seem
> =>> be related to the issue (like LDAP logs).
> =>>
> =>> I'm going to bed now, as it is now 6am local time. I'll be back
awake
> =>in
> =>> about 6 hours, and I will reply again then if you still have
problems.
> =>>
> =>> =>
> =>> =>
> =>> =>
> =>> =>> Here is an example of one of my lists in the LDAP directory:
> =>> =>>
> =>> =>> # ircd, Lists, Geeks Anonymous, CA
> =>> =>> dn: uid=ircd, ou=Lists, o=Geeks Anonymous, c=CA
> =>> =>> objectClass: top
> =>> =>> objectClass: qmailUser
> =>> =>> uid: ircd@geeksanon.ca
> =>> =>> mail: ircd@geeksanon.ca
> =>> =>> mailAlternateAddress: ircd-catchall@geeksanon.ca
> =>> =>> accountStatus: nopop
> =>> =>> qmailDotMode: dotonly
> =>> =>> mailMessageStore: /mail/store/lists/ircd/
> =>> =>>
> =>> =>> I create the list with:
> =>> =>> ezmlm-make -dlinqr -5 slepp@geeksanon.ca
/mail/store/lists/ircd/ \
> [...]
> =>sure
> =>> =>your
> =>> =>> directory is readable by the right UID/GID (in case those
aren't
> =>the
> =>> =>> defaults).
> =>> =>>
> =>> =>> On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Vishwanath K wrote:
> =>> =>>
> =>> =>> =>The ldap search is success but in qmail log it says
> =>> =>> =>
> =>> =>> =>Sorry,_no_mailbox_here_by_that_name(#5.1.1)
> =>> =>> =>
> =>> =>> =>I have created mailing list this way
> =>> =>> =>
> =>> =>> =>ezmlm-make /home/iwayteam  /home/iwayteam/.qmail-iwayteam
> =>iwayteam
> =>> =>> =>inablers.com
> =>> =>> =>
> =>> =>> =>and i sent mail like this:
> =>> =>> =>echo "To: iwayteam-request@inablers.com" |
> =>> =>/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject
> =>> =>> =>
> =>> =>> =>where i have gone wrong
> =>> =>> =>
> =>> =>> =>-Vishy
> =>> =>>
> =>> =>> --
> =>> =>> | Stephen "Slepp" Olesen / VE6SLP
> =>> =>> | Edmonton, Alberta, Canada / (780) 425-4798
> =>> =>> | President of Geeks Anonymous + http://www.geeksanon.ca/
> =>> =>> +---------------------------------
> =>> =>>
> =>> =>>
> =>> =>>
> =>> =>>
> =>> =>>
> =>> =>
> =>> => \\\\||/////
> =>> =>oo0o0oo
> =>> =>---------------------------
> =>> =>K Vishwanath
> =>> =>iNabling Technologies Pvt Ltd
> =>> =>Rajajinagar
> =>> =>Ph: 3104686, 3104687
> =>> =>---------------------------
> =>> =>
> =>> =>
> =>>
> =>> --
> =>> | Stephen "Slepp" Olesen / VE6SLP
> =>> | Edmonton, Alberta, Canada / (780) 425-4798
> =>> | President of Geeks Anonymous + http://www.geeksanon.ca/
> =>> +---------------------------------
> =>>
> =>>
> =>>
> =>>
> =>
> => \\\\||/////
> =>oo0o0oo
> =>---------------------------
> =>K Vishwanath
> =>iNabling Technologies Pvt Ltd
> =>Rajajinagar
> =>Ph: 3104686, 3104687
> =>
> =>
>
> --
> | Stephen "Slepp" Olesen / VE6SLP
> | Edmonton, Alberta, Canada / (780) 425-4798

oo0o0oo