INVALID CREDENTIALS

Hi,

I have been trying to set up openLDAP on a linux box. I have the GDBM
backend 1.8.0 and openLDAP version 2.0.15. I have tried very many
different configurations, but no matter what I seem to try, I cannot log
in to the LDAP directory as my rootdn. Here is my slapd.conf file:

include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
pidfile /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile /usr/local/var/slapd.args
database ldbm
suffix "o=Nokia,c=GB"
directory /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm
roodn "cn=root,o=Nokia,c=GB"
rootpw nokia
index cn,sn pres,eq
index objectClass pres,eq

here is my ldif file, tacuser.ldif:

dn: o=Nokia,c=GB
objectclass: organization
o: Nokia

dn: cn=root,o=Nokia,c=GB
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: root

I execute the command (in the /usr/local/etc/openldap directory):

#/usr/local/libexec/slapd

then

#/usr/local/bin/ldapadd -f tacuser.ldif -x -D "cn=root,o=Nokia,c=GB" -w
nokia

and then I get:

ldap_bind: invalid credentials

I have tried to do this in many different ways, like using slapadd and
then starting the slap daemon. Nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?
Please?!!!

Andy Hall

Nokia Networks