Re: benchmark results found for OpenLDAP

> On Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:44:04 -0700
>
> "steve smith" <tnguyen55@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> > http://www.nwfusion.com/reviews/2000/0515rev2.html#skinny
> >
> > any comments on this ????
>
> known, old and not trustworthy. That's how I call this document. It never
> says how it compiled openldap, or how the configs for each LDAP product
> are, and which HW config is used. And if I'm not mistaken, not even the
> nuber of objects is mentioned, which is signicant for testing: the more
> objects, the lower performance is. On a sidenote: I also did some testing,
> with reasonable optimizations for both openldap and Iplanet, and the more
> objects and clients you have, the better openldap performs, for 1.000.000
> entries and 100 clients, I found it to outperform Iplanet quite a bit.

a clear and nice to read summary after an apparently hard work of testing!
A lot of useful information and links from my angle of view
(actually maintaining a customers iplanet suite who may despite Nimda
considering a change to MS)
Such statements as
"OpenLDAP, another pure LDAP server..."
[compared with MS$ Active Directory]
must be taken "non-religious" -
OpenLdap is (still) not the Apache project...

i.t