RE: building with TLS support

Those commands only affect the runtime dynamic linker. The error message
Dane listed
is from the compiler/linker. The proper fix will involve the use of
	setenv LDFLAGS "-L/some/pathname"
before running configure.

Without seeing the exact commands that Dane used, and knowing the exact
paths
where the SSL headers and libraries reside, it's impossible to diagnose this
problem.
  -- Howard Chu