[Date Prev][Date Next]
matching large attributes
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: matching large attributes
- From: "Kevin J. McCarthy" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:43:48 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcE71AE/6vpOJkJ4TGGMwow9oc99cw==
- Thread-topic: matching large attributes
I need to be able to store (somehow) a 128-bit fixed length security key
as an LDAP attribute and search very efficiently to locate objects
containing this attribute (equality only; no substrings or other
comparisions are necessary).
What syntax and matching rules should I specify? It looks like the
attribute syntax could be binary (220.127.116.11.4.1.1418.104.22.168.5) but I
see no binary matching syntax.
I can always convert it into text if I have to, but efficiency will be
very important here and I think maintaining and index on a ~32 character
string would not be the most efficient way to do this. I did not see
anything in RFC 2252 pertaining to matching binary data.