Re: slapd -h

"novice heimdal" <heimdal@rediffmail.com> wrote...
> when i give an ip and port of another host over the network what is the
> significance?

in case of a ldap-server (where the snipped explanation is taken from) this
just won't work.

> what do have to do the ensure that the requests
> from clients(ldapsearch) on my localhost are served by an ldap server
> over the network (without using the -h  option with ldapsearch).

man ldap.conf

i think what you want to do is to change the default ldapserver to connect
to from 127.0.0.1:389 to smth. other.. specify the IP or hostname in
ldap.conf with

HOST <yourserver>[:<yourport>] [<your2ndserver>...]

daniel