RE: Using OpenLDAP with multiple servers to authenticate

Does anyone have good advice for what to use to cache results?

Netscapes LDAP API has caching abilities but they were
implemented in a VERY strange way.  Namely: if the cache fills
up the first item to be thrown out is the OLDEST (total age- not
time from last access), not necessarily the one that was
accessed the longest ago.  Also their cache is not terribly
flexible (there isn't much you can do to configure it..., this
bugs me chiefly in that they do not ALLOW referred entries to be
cached (which I would like to do- especially since they would
give the biggest performance gain)).

I'm looking for some add-on caching that would, hopefully, speed
up data access by keeping frequenly accessed info in memory
(searches would hit this before hitting LDAP).