Re: schema - hardware

Quoting Terry Davis <tdavis@birddog.com>:

> I want to use my ldap to store information on hardware,software and
> other system related things.  What schemas are used for this?

Microsoft and Cisco have developed a set of specifications called
Directory Enabled Networking.  The following is a link to a PDF
document that gives details on their proposed schema for storing
all sorts of different objects in LDAP/X.500:

Here is a list of the RFC drafts relating to DEN:

· draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3-protocol-*.txt
· draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3-attributes-*.txt
· draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3schema-x500-*.txt
· draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3-sorting-*.txt
· draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3-simple-paged-*.txt
· draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3-tls-*.txt

        Paul Gillingwater
        Managing Director
 CSO Lanifex Unternehmensberatung