[chancock@delphi.bsd.uchicago.edu: mailserver and mail attributes]

I am in the process of creating a mail server with qmail.
I have seen the howto on how toi create virtual users and
have qmail look up that attribute than the rdn: which in my
case would be uid. But I was wondering is it faster as far as
performance wise to have have mail consult the nss_ldap module
or use the the qmail.schema have qmail reference that.

I suppose if the the nss_ldap library got corrupted or is
malfunctioning the nothing can be looked up and mail would
still be fuctional but that is the only beneifit I could
see.

Does anyone have any thoughts.

Craig Hancock