[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: How do I determine/change maximum number of concurrent connections (v. 2.0.7) under NT4/Win2K?
- To: "Boris Shpungin" <email@example.com>, <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: How do I determine/change maximum number of concurrent connections (v. 2.0.7) under NT4/Win2K?
- From: "Kevin J. McCarthy" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:43:34 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcE1tzy0vARvbEOLRqy6yJqW54KjVAABZR0w
- Thread-topic: How do I determine/change maximum number of concurrent connections (v. 2.0.7) under NT4/Win2K?
It may be a licensing issue with NT server. Are you using "per client"
or "per seat" licensing?
Are there Event Logs?
From: Boris Shpungin [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 10:07 PM
Subject: How do I determine/change maximum number of concurrent
connections (v. 2.0.7) under NT4/Win2K?
To start, Hi everyone (it's my first post). And thanks in advance for
I'm using the NT port of OpenLDAP 2.0.7 from FiveSight
(http://www.fivesight.com/downloads/openldap.asp). I'm noping someone
on the list uses that build as well... Also, I'm not on 2.0.11 due to
practices in our company -- but if you think that upgrading should
my problems, I'm all ears.
I have a simple Java test client that connects to OpenLDAP, using
Directory SDK. For some reason, the NT build of OpenLDAP hangs after
approximately 60 connections have been opened up (without being closed).
Testing against OpenLDAP on Linux (Redhat 7.1), the same Java client
running from my Win2K machine) can make over 1000 connections, after
it doesn't hang but quits with an error. Under Linux, it is obvious
the open descriptor limit is kicking in. But what's happening under NT?
find it difficult to believe that NT limits open descriptors per process
something as ridiculous as 60. On the other hand, why does the server
rather than reporting an error?
If anyone here has used OpenLDAP on NT or Win2K before, did you ever
problems such as this? Any ideas as to possible cause(s) and solutions?