[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

RE: Adding entries

The Outlook problem might not be due to the way you're using OpenLDAP per
se. The entry is there because you can search for it using ldapsearch, and
your Outlook can connect to the directory server (presumably on port 389)
else you would see an error.

The problem _might_ have to do with how Outlook searches. Check out the FAQ
on Outlook (Software --> Integration --> Microsoft apps). Have you defined
the attributes referenced in the Outlook search? See what I wrote at the
bottom of 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Casio [mailto:tim@casson-smith.freeserve.co.uk]
> Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 7:25 AM
> To: Daniel Tiefnig
> Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
> Subject: Re: Adding entries
> Thanks for that, soon after I sent this message I started 
> looking at those
> files and figures out what I needed.
> I do have another question. Since I added this entry, I then 
> tested Outlook
> by typing the persons name in the To: it doesn't seem to find 
> the name. I
> have made sure the entry is in the database using ldapsearch and it is
> there.
>  Outlook is set up with localserver.com as the directory 
> service. and in the
> advanced tab I have put "dc=localserver,dc=com" in the search 
> base section.
> I am wondering if it is to do with the port as my ldap.conf 
> has all of its
> line remmed out.
> Regards
> Tim