Re: pam_ldap+proftpd under SuSE Linux

Hi,

As ProFTPD and OpenLDAP is linked against the cyrus-sasl this could be
some problem within the cyrus-sasl library. Please try to recompile
cyrus-sasl using the patch mentioned here:

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200108/msg00594.html

That message is about cyrus-imapd using pam_ldap. But it could also apply
to ProFTPD.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 11:50:05AM -0700, Jonathan Kalbfeld wrote:
[..]
> It seems as though pam_ldap is properly constructing the query string for
> slapd, but is either not recognizing the output or is not getting any.
>
> As a result, I cannot log in to the proftpd server.  If I enable
> pam_permit, I can log in with any password, as long as the username exists
> in LDAP.
[..]

--
best regards,