[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: use replication with DC directory..
- To: anish sheth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: use replication with DC directory..
- From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
- Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 10:35:34 -0700
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- In-reply-to: <3B8E69E3.32097D19@cisco.com>
- References: <53A29CF72629D511B5C600B0D0AB7085081A69@PALM> <20010829171300.B20638@ele-mental.org> <20010829172933.C20638@ele-mental.org> <3B8D643A.446ADE55@cisco.com>
At 09:29 AM 2001-08-30, anish sheth wrote:
>Just wanted to clarify that DC directory is from www.dataconnection.com
>please let me know if it will be possible to use replication
OpenLDAP replication is master pushed (via slurpd). If your
vendor can do something similar, then maybe yes.
>and/or referral with that.
OpenLDAP can return referrals to any LDAP server.
>anish sheth wrote:
>> I have multiple questions...
>> 1) can I have DC directory as master and openldap server as slave and
>> use replication between two?
>> has anyone tried similar setup?
>> 2) is it possible to use referral between two?
>"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."