From: Fox
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 9:50 AM
Subject: necessary acls to browse

I am running OpenLDAP 2.0.11.  I cannot seem to set up a non-root user that can browse the ldap directory.  I can do searches, but I cannot browse with a tool like LDAPBrowser.  I added entry and children thinking that would do the trick.  What am I missing for mail_verify to be able to browse?

access to attr=cn,mail,sn,displayName,mckeeJobTitle,entry,children
    by dn="cn=mail_verify,ou=accounts,dc=mckee,dc=com" read
access to attr=userPassword
    by dn="cn=Manager,dc=mckee,dc=com" write
    by anonymous auth

Thanks,
Fox

dc=mckee,dc=com