[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: FW: Can I delete a subtree?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: RE: FW: Can I delete a subtree?
- From: Spinoglio Luigi <Luigi.Spinoglio@TILAB.COM>
- Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:29:33 +0200
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcExPJs9Rkp3SZ0pEdW8IQCAXw03DwAAAtKA
- Thread-topic: FW: Can I delete a subtree?
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 09:59:56AM +0200, Spinoglio Luigi wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I have a doubt about controls and extended operation in OpenLDAP.
> > Does exist a control to force the removal of an entry AND
> its subtree ?
> Dunno. What's a control?
Controls are requests to operate instructions in a specific manner (as
an aproximate explanation), in a certain way is something like the -r on
> However, "man ldapdelete" tells us
> -r Do a recursive delete. If the DN specified isn't a
> leaf, its children, and all their children are
> deleted down the tree. No verification is done, so
> if you add this switch, ldapdelete will happily
> delete large portions of your tree. Use with care.
> > I'm using JNDI to access and operate my LDAP server, so I'm
> forwarding a
> > brief mail exchange about the question.
> Dunno what JNDI is either.
I need to use my LDAP server from a Java application, so I'm using the
Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI)
So does any1 knows other free server that support controls ?
Thanks a lot for the answer, ...