MD5 Base 16 to Base 64 Conversion Utils?

We are currently using a software package that stores users passwords as
Base16 MD5 Hashes. Is there a way to convert Base16 to Bas64 MD5 hashes
transparently so that OpenLDAP can read the very same password base64
encrypted?

Note: decrypting of the password is not possible. What i mean is that all i
have to work with is the encrypted version of the password.

The encrypted looks something like this:
4B8916D6665F335CB568CB1116653685

When spat out by my MD5 perl script (that was on OpenLDAP's site):
d41d8cf98b00b204a9800998ecf8427e

Unfortunately, this is with my setting the password and knowing what it is.
Being able to convert it to a base64 works fine. But What i need to do is
convert the md5 base16 passwords directly to md5 base64 without being able to
know what the original unencrypted password.

Best Regards,
E.M. Recio

<< http://polywog.navpoint.com >>

Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for
its fulfillment... intention and desire in the field of pure
potentiality have infinite organizing power. And when we
introduce an intention in the fertile ground of pure
potentiality, we put this infinite organizing power to work
for us.