Re: solaris-8 and openldap-2.0.11

Title: RE: solaris-8 and openldap-2.0.11

hello Kyle,

yes I've tried to use the GNU-binutils from sunfreeware.com.
But the binutils were not so tolerant to symbol not found errors.
The executable wasn't an executable one.
Actually I am using gcc-2.95.3. The rest is all SunWare.
And therefore I am getting symbol not found errors with ldd -d / -r
It is software-indendent. Either apache-13.20 nor openldap-2.0.x has been built properly.

What can I do to solve this kind of problem ? Did you use the gnu-binutils ?
Is ldd -r libldap.so without any symbol not found errors ? How did you do ? Which enviroment flags did you set for gcc, ld etc. ?

thanks,

Jan