more info -- anomaly in BER buffers sent by initial "lookup" oper ation

> I'm using the Java JDNI lookup() method to retrieve LDAP
> entries. I'm not sure how this method maps to an LDAP operation.

The lookup() method is a LDAP "search" operation with a filter of
(objectclass=*), a scope of object_scope (meaning that the result should
contain zero or one element, but I can't tell whether this means baseObject,
singleLevel, or wholeSubtree), and the stipulation that all properties
should be returned.