Re: Modify destroys entry (w/BerkeleyDB)

I've found that manually generating an index file using slapindex
generates an index file that is smaller than one generated normally with
ldapadd (importing the entire directory from LDIF). I've imported the
entire directory ldapadd created the index files listed in the
slapd.conf which creates the first file listed below. I then stop the
server, remove the index file and generate the new one using slapindex
producing the second file listed below (tried both slapindex -f
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf & slapindex -b 'myrootdn' -f
/etc/openldap.slapd.conf). I've tested this using both gdbm & Berkeley
DB3 (3.1.17) for the backend which produce the same results.

attr1.dbb        8404992 (ldapadd)
attr1.dbb        8237056 (slapindex)

After I restart slapd and test the directory, the index *seems* to
function properly but the files sizes are different.

I wonder if there are larger problems with the indexing? I'm currently
running slapd without threads on a RH 6.2 server.

Regards,

Erik