Automounting with solaris

Ive read some documents mentioning something about a bug in solaris
which causes automount to not work correctly with openldap. Is this
still true, or do i have to install a patch to every solaris computers
in my network? furthermore, is there anyone who has an example of how
to set up ldap to work with automounting? found some entries showing
the syntax for ldif file, but not any description on how it really
works, and of how to make a solution that will work both for solaris
and for linux, since all the examples ive seen, takes care of only
linux and spesificly not solaris.

Anyone who has a little more experience with ldap than me that would
like to explain this for me??