Re: solaris-8 and openldap-2.0.11

> I don't know, but cc doesn't work too well on Solaris.  I'd recommend
> downloading gcc 2.95.3 from http://sunfreeware.com/ (you can download a
> pkgadd version, install it and off you go, or download the source and
> bootstrap it from the cc).  To use gcc instead of cc, make sure gcc is
> in your path, rm config.cache, make clean, run configure again and it
> should tell you it is using gcc, then make...
> Cheers!
> Brian

be careful with gcc-2.95.3. I am using it on Solaris 8 and I can't build the
libraries properly. I always have symbol not found errors like that :

ldd -d /usr/local/openldap-2.0.11/lib/libldap.so
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
        symbol not found: ber_sockbuf_io_debug
        symbol not found: ber_sockbuf_io_tcp
        symbol not found: ber_sockbuf_io_readahead
        symbol not found: ber_sockbuf_io_fd
        symbol not found: ber_pvt_log_print

I absolutely don't know why I am getting this and I also don't know the
Could probably be that when once using these symbols something crashes. Or
for example if you need to have this libary for building php4...