Re: solaris-8 and openldap-2.0.11

Gayathri.A wrote:

hi all,

I'm not sure whether this query should come in this group. Any way, since i have an urgent problem, i request u to help me in the following problem.

I'm trying to install openldap-2.0.11 in solaris-8. While configuring, it ends up with an error " Cannot link to POSIX threads".

I've set CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include and LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib.

My threads are in /usr/lib. I'm able to compile other .c files with lpthread. My compiler is cc.

Please help me.

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,

A. Gayathri

I don't know, but cc doesn't work too well on Solaris. I'd recommend downloading gcc 2.95.3 from http://sunfreeware.com/ (you can download a pkgadd version, install it and off you go, or download the source and bootstrap it from the cc). To use gcc instead of cc, make sure gcc is in your path, rm config.cache, make clean, run configure again and it should tell you it is using gcc, then make...

Cheers!

Brian