Re: killall slapd and ldap stop - slapd and ldap start | what is wrong ?

> A french "Bonjour",

A dutch "hallo" (hello),

> I use openldap 2.0.7-14
> I have notice a strange problem using /etc/rv.d/init.d/ldap

I assume you're using RedHat..

> Test 1:
> -------
>
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap stop
> /usr/sbin/slapadd -l ldifv3.ldif
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap start
>
> ldapsearch -x objectclass=* -b o=top -LLL  => no such object
>

> I didnot understand so I try this below:

If you execute the commands above as user "root" the databases are owned by
root... On RedHat slapd runs as user "ldap" so slapd can't access the
databases.

> Test 2:
> -------
>
> killall slapd
> /usr/sbin/slapadd -l ldifv3.ldif
> slapd
>
> ldapsearch -x objectclass=* -b o=top -LLL => all entries in database

Starting slapd by hand as user "root" makes slapd run as root so the
database is accesible.

> Is someone found the same behavior ?
> What is wrong ?

Use Test1 and chown ldap the databasefiles.

> Thanks in advance !
> Fabrice

Greetings,
Patrick Honing