Re: Using OpenLDAP with iPlanet

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 10:18:16PM +0100, Ian Prowell wrote:

> I am trying to use iPlanet 4.1 with Openldap 2.0.7.  I am able to get
> iPlanet to connect to the OpenLDAP server, but cannot insert any users.  It
> seems like I do not have the appropriate schema for iPlanet.  Where can I
> find information about finding and loading the schema needed for iPlanet to
> work?  I have done some searching around and cannot find out what schema I
> need to load or how to load it.

I assume you mean you're trying to make iPlanet Web Server 4.1 use
OpenLDAP 2.0.7 act as the directory server for iPlanet's built-in user
authentication? If so, you need to follow up with iPlanet support. We've
been successful in using OpenLDAP 2.0.x for authentication with iPlanet
Web Server 4.1, but only via custom authentication NSAPI code for iWS. :-)

-Peter