Re: newbie problem w/ ldappadd

openldap wrote:

>  hi,
>      IF my company is mail.hollybridge.not ,i want that  qmailusers is the top of the tree.
> so i modified slapd.conf .
>     suffix  "dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not"
>     rootdn  "cn=qmailusers, dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not"
>
> and flowing the ldif
>

> dn:cn=qmailusers,dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> sn: hollybridge mail users
> cn: qmailusers
>
> dn:uid=yjl,cn=qmailusers,dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not
> objectClass: person
> cn: yin jiangliang
> sn: yin
>
> but have the problem as flowing
> [root@mail bin]# ldapadd -D "cn=qmailusers,dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not", -W  -f example.ldif
> Enter LDAP Password:
> ldap_bind: Invalid DN syntax
>         additional info: invalid DN
>
> which DN is wrong? Thanks for your good ideas.

It's the first DN which DN is wrong (he doesn't entry anything at all).

if you change your ldif by

dn: o=qmailusers,dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not
objectClass: top

dn: uid=yjl,o=qmailusers,dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not
objectClass: person
cn: yin jiangliang
sn: yin

It would be ok (I think ... )
But I don't see very well what is wrong in your example.ldif.

(NB:   use '-w secret' in your ldapdd)