Re: newbie problem w/ ldappadd

>  hi-
>
>  i'm attempting to learn about opeldap, in order to setup a qmail-ldap
>  mailserver.  i have slapd up and running, and i'm trying to add entries w/
>  ldapadd.  relevant postion of my slapd.conf:
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------
>   chemacheck     on
>  database        ldbm
>  suffix          "dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not"
>  rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not"

If your rootdn is this, you should entry this object. Do you want that Manager
is the top of your tree ?

> rootpw          secret
> index   objectClass     eq

Ok, so you should use the password to entry things.

>  ---------------------------------------------------
>
>  i've got the following ldif:

And where is Manager ?

>  ---------------------------------------------------
> dn: cn=accounts,dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> sn: hollybridge
> cn: accounts
>
> dn: uid=yjl,cn=accounts,dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not
> objectClass: person
> cn: yin jiangliang
> sn: yin
> uid:yjl
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------
>
>  and i'm trying to add it like so:
> [root@mail bin]# ldapadd -D "dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not" -f example.ldif
> adding new entry "cn=accounts,dc=mail,dc=hollybridge,dc=not "
> ldap_add: No such object

And you don't use the password.

> ldif_record() = 32
>
>  any ideas?
>
>                   qqj

It seems that you have a pb with your "Manager" and your password.
What want you make exactly? What is the architecture of your tree?

Bye,

vincent.