RE: Hi all. - sorry off topic

>From: "Johan Vikerskog (ECS)" <Johan.Vikerskog@ecs.ericsson.se>
>To: "'Anthony Dean'" <adean@microcenter.com>, j.zeller@gpstechnik.ch
>Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
>Subject: RE: Hi all. - sorry off topic
>Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:13:02 +0200
>
>Well.
>I have the exact same problem as j-zeller have and that didnt solve the problem
either.
>Even if i tell the compilation in clean code were to search for different
things it still doesnt find it. I noticed that the installation has problem
reading some libraries with libs and says they arent there or that they dont
work. Well thats strange because i have all library paths that is needed in my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

>So the problem persists.
>
>//Johan

During the compile did you use -R ?  If not LD_LIBRARY_PATH is taken in order
while searching for libraries and Sun's libldap.so could be found first.

You OpenLDAP installation has a problem reading libraries?  Can you paste the
exact message?  Where is OpenLDAP and what exactly does LD_LIBRARY_PATH contain?
 What compile options did you use?

I've compiled most versions from 1.2.x to 2.0.11 on Solaris 7 & 8.  I've not
really had any problems.