From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Stephan Siano
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 1:29 AM
To: Terry Davis; OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: user management with ldap - tools

On Sunday, 19. August 2001 04:57, Terry Davis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am curious as to what everyone is doing about user management with
> ldap. I have it all set up and I know how to convert my current
> passwd/shadow files for ldap but how are you people maintaining this
> ldap?  Are there any good ldap user administration tools out there?
> Webmin has a few but they are either very poor, for netscape ldap, or
> are not meant to be 'user managers'.
>
> I am really tempted to write my own but I don't want to if I don't have
> to.......  :)
>
> Thank you all for any input,

There is a GTK tool named Directory administrator
(http://www.usm.edu.ec/~amadorm/directoryadmin/) written by Manuel Amador
(amador@alomega.com). It does only simple authentication (no SASL), but
otherwise it has everything to maintain users.

Yours
Stephan Siano

--
Stephan Siano                           Mail:  Stephan.Siano@suse.de
SuSE Linux Solutions AG                 Phone: 06196 50951 31