Re: user management with ldap - tools

Quoting Eric Kilfoil <ekilfoil@viawest.net>:

| At present, i think everyone just writes their own tools.  I have some
| scripts that i've written available at
| http://www.ypass.net/solaris8/openldap/scripts.html

Eric,

Very helpful and very impressive.  They're well organized, visually attractive,
exceptional.

I feel this urge to do some local housekeeping, now :-)

Thanks for sharing,

ed

| eric
|
| On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Terry Davis wrote:
|
| > Hello,
| >
| > I am curious as to what everyone is doing about user management with
| > ldap. I have it all set up and I know how to convert my current
| > passwd/shadow files for ldap but how are you people maintaining this
| > ldap?  Are there any good ldap user administration tools out there?
| > Webmin has a few but they are either very poor, for netscape ldap, or
| > are not meant to be 'user managers'.
| >
| > I am really tempted to write my own but I don't want to if I don't have
| > to.......  :)
| >
| > Thank you all for any input,
| >
| > --
| > Terry Davis
| > Systems Administrator
| > BirdDog Solutions, Inc.
| > (402) 829-6059
| > www.birddog.com

        The illiterate of the 21st century will not be
              those who cannot read and write,
        but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.
                                                 --Alvin Toffler