From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Zengfa Gao
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 10:36 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Download RPM for Redhat, install on Redhat 6.2

Hi, all:

I downlaod OpenLDAP 2.0.11 openldap-server RPM package
from Redhat site and try to install it on Redhat 6.2,
I got following error:

[root@swlinux /tmp]# rpm -i openldap-2.0.11-8.i386.rpm

only packages with major numbers <= 3 are supported by
this version of RPM
error: openldap-2.0.11-8.i386.rpm cannot be installed

What this mean?

Thanks!

Zengfa