Re: slapcat | ldapadd

> Derek Mailer wrote:
>
> I know I've seen posts on this subject before, but I can't for the
> life of me find them....
>
> I've dumped an ldif file from a master directory using slapcat and I
> want to reload it into another directory with ldapadd.
>
> I end up with an error message due to the way the ldif file is
> organised - ldapadd tries to load leaves before branches.
>
> Can anyone remind me of the way to work around this?

You should try with slapadd; if the server is still active,
you may try to use ldapsearch instead of slapcat; in this
case entries should be returned in the same order they
were loaded, however Iwouldn't count over this :)

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati    mailto:ando@sys-net.it
Developer, SysNet s.n.c.   http://www.sys-net.it