Re: OpenLDAP DN's permissions

> That works, but I want to have the ldapadm DN to have the same privileges.
> That DN then can modifify passwords and such, without the rootdn having to
> do all the work...

I know exactly what you mean.  Here's what you want to do:
Add the ldapdm user object from the ldif file, only you need to bind as
the rootdn (giving the rootpw, of course).  You can add the user, as bind
as that user before it even exists in the db.  The only way you can do
this is by binding as root.  Once you have the user added, you can do the
acl stuff to your hearts content.

Hope that helps,
Andy