Re: Does any have LDAP password change working with "passwd"?

Hi,

I know this setup will work perfectly, but how will root change these
passwords, if you don't want root to be an object in the database?
Probably some acl stuff, but I haven't figured it out, so I am moving to a
webified version of passwd since our helpdesk needs to be able to as well.

The way I am doing it is having a user object in ldap who only has rights
to change the userPassword attribute, and then my script will bind as that
user, and be able to change anybodies password w/out needing to know their
original password.

Andy