Problem setting up openldap for samba-tng

I'm following the instuctions for  configuring my ldap server as written
in the samba-tng documentation.

I've downloaded the  files basic-users.ldif and builtin.ldif  but when I
try to add the entries I get this error.

ldap:/etc/openldap# cat basic-users.ldif | sed 's/dc=sci,dc=univr,dc=it/dc=itisrossi,dc=vi,dc=it/' | sed 's/o: univr/o: itisrossi/' | ldapadd -W -r -D "dc=itisrossi,dc=vi,dc=it"
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
ldap:/etc/openldap#

This is if I give the password specified in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

If I just press enter I get:

ldap:/etc/openldap# cat basic-users.ldif | sed 's/dc=sci,dc=univr,dc=it/dc=itisrossi,dc=vi,dc=it/' | sed 's/o: univr/o: itisrossi/' | ldapadd -W -r -D "dc=itisrossi,dc=vi,dc=it"
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry dc=itisrossi,dc=vi,dc=it
ldap_add: Insufficient access

ldap:/etc/openldap#

So, what's wrong?

I've even tried  get get the slapd.conf of the  document and and changed
suffix, rootdn and rootpw but nothing changes....

I think it's a problema of access, so here's the section of my slapd.conf

access  to dn="dc=itisrossi,dc=vi,dc=it"
        by dn="uid=root,dc=itisrossi,dc=vi,dc=it"         write
        by self         write
        by *            read
# end importing #

# The userPassword by default can be changed
# by the entry owning it if they are authenticated.
# Others should not be able to see it, except the
# admin entry below
access to attrs=userpassword,lmpassword,ntpassword
        by self write
        by dn="cn=root,dc=itisrossi,dc=vi,dc=it" write
        by * none

Help me please.... :-(

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.