Re: Trying to enable SASL support for OpenLDAP 2.0.11...

> > http://www.matuschek.net/software/sasl-patch
>

> Okay, I've having trouble understanding how to implement this.  Does
> this automatically fix the problem with PAM?  Do you have to add a new
> /lib/security module to the /etc/pam.d/system-auth file?  As far as I
> know, in order to get stuff like the login and passwd command to work,
> you -HAVE- to use PAM.  This is for a UNIX login, not IMAP verification,
> BTW.
Ok. The tip I gave you was for thys type of auth:

cyrus-imap / or other sasl using app -> ldap
you on the otherhand whant:

someapp using pam -> pam -> ldap

Then I cannot help you much, but
1. READ the LDAP implementation howto (found at linuxdoc)
2. subscribe to the pam-ldap list
3. Use padls migration tools.

If you are planning to use sasl for storing pwd's, I haven't tried that. Good luck.

Tarjei