[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: ldapadd still slow, even with tweaks?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: ldapadd still slow, even with tweaks?
- From: John Morrissey <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 19:30:51 -0400
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <419A3E73A18BD211A17000105A1C37E9C9D35E@mail.grossprofit.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.18i
On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:42:25PM -0400, Justin Hahn wrote:
% Why don't you just do as follows:
% 1) DO the add without indexing.
% 2) Copy files off somewhere else.
% 3) start server up pointing at that new place with indexes off (performance
% will be horrible.) and in read-only mode.
% 4) run slapindex with it pointing at the "real" database (i.e. the first
% copy, not the dupes)
% 5) When slapindex finished bring down slapd and then restart it in full r/w
% mode pointing to the fully indexed directory.
% (don't forget to hand copy the new fully indexed databases to all your
% replicas if you have any and restart them one by one.)
I think I'll wind up doing this; thanks to everyone who offered advice.
John Morrissey _o /\ ---- __o
firstname.lastname@example.org _-< \_ / \ ---- < \,
www.horde.net/ __(_)/_(_)________/ \_______(_) /_(_)__