Access Control Questions

To what capacity, and in what manner is access controlled in an openldap
directory? For example, if you want to explicitly give someone write access to
certain elements, etc? I had always assumed (or at least for version 2) that
this was controlled via the ACL lists. But I was reading up on some of the
documentation and it led me to believe that this was only a minor part of the

Any comments or questions would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
E. M. Recio

* Applied Sociology and Participatory Research          *
* Department of Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology *
* Drexel University; Philadelphia, PA 19104; USA        *
* Email: <n2wog@usa.net>    ICQ: <458042>               *
* Homepage: < http://polywog.navpoint.com >             *