single master - multiple slave replication problems..

Hi All,
                Here we have a need to go in for selective replication across
multiple servers configured as slaves with a single master. Now the problem we
are facing is we are not able to run multiple instances of slurpd for different
replog files.( We have been able to start one instance of slurpd , and
replication is happening for that particular slave ).

I am giving below the relevant portions of the slapd.conf file, for your
reference.

database         ldbm
suffix           " ou=unknown,o=xyz"
rootdn           "cn=Manager,o=xyz"
rootpw           bumbum
directory        /mail2/zone/unknown
replica         host=maa.unknown.net:389  binddn="cn=Manager,o=xyz"
bindmethod=simple       credentials=bumbum
replogfile       /mail2/ldap/replog.maa.unknown.net:389
index default pres,eq
index uid,objectClass

database         ldbm
suffix           "ou=south,o=xyz"
rootdn           "cn=Manager,o=xyz"
rootpw           bumbum
directory        /mail2/zone/south
replica          host=maa.south.net:389  binddn="cn=Manager,o=xyz"
bindmethod=simple        credentials=bumbum
replogfile       /mail2/ldap/replog.maa.south.net.24:389
index default pres,eq
index uid,objectClass

database          ldbm
suffix            "ou=west,o=xyz"
rootdn            "cn=Manager,o=xyz"
rootpw            bumbum
directory         /mail2/zone/west
replica          host=maa.west.net:389  binddn="cn=Manager,o=xyz"
bindmethod=simple        credentials=bumbum
replogfile       /mail2/replica/west/replog.maa.west.net:389
index default pres,eq
index uid,objectClass

So my questions are as follows:

1. Do we have to run multiple instances of slurpd for selective replication
across multiple slaves.. as we have tried...
     The command below states the way we have tried to start slurpd....

#/usr/local/libexec/slurpd -r /mail2/ldap/replog.maa.unknown.net:389

But then here slurpd hangs on the second instance .. So what is the way out ???

2. Is it possible to replicate acorss multiple slaves by just starting the
slurpd.. ie just by giving the command..

# /usr/local/libexec/slurpd

We have tried this also but then here replication has happened across only one
of the slaves .. hence the end result is still not achieved of selective
replication across multiple slaves with a single master....

Can anyone help us out ......????

Thanks in advance
Regards
Sovan