Re: Adding LDAP entries from email address book.

From: "dannyman" <dannyman@toldme.com>

> If your users have accounts on the LDAP server, they can bind to it and,
> if you create the ACLs just so, they can create new entries.  This
> requires you to figure out how the server works just so ...
>
> ... but the tricky part is whether the clients would be clever enough to
> allow the user to create entrie on the LDAP server.  My guess is that
> the novelty of your ambition means that no client has thought to
> implement it.  If I'm wrong though, I'd be happy to hear of it.

Outlook (or O.Express), Netscape and Eudora certainly don't allow you to
add/edit addrbook entries.

I can't see you ever being able to edit entries from all of these at the
same time since they have different ideas on what attributes are
required/supported.

Convention seems to be to provide a web front-end. You might like to try
mine at www.archonet.com/addrbook/ or the more sophisticated rolodap on
freshmeat

HTH

- Richard Huxton