Re: Adding LDAP entries from email address book.

From: "dannyman" <dannyman@toldme.com>

> If your users have accounts on the LDAP server, they can bind to it and,
> if you create the ACLs just so, they can create new entries.  This
> requires you to figure out how the server works just so ...
> ... but the tricky part is whether the clients would be clever enough to
> allow the user to create entrie on the LDAP server.  My guess is that
> the novelty of your ambition means that no client has thought to
> implement it.  If I'm wrong though, I'd be happy to hear of it.

Outlook (or O.Express), Netscape and Eudora certainly don't allow you to
add/edit addrbook entries.

I can't see you ever being able to edit entries from all of these at the
same time since they have different ideas on what attributes are

Convention seems to be to provide a web front-end. You might like to try
mine at www.archonet.com/addrbook/ or the more sophisticated rolodap on

- Richard Huxton