Re: Cyrus-IMAPD and LDAP

Hi, this prolbem seems to come because cyrus demands that you use tls when
authenticating using the PLAIN mechanism, thus the process stops when using
pam-ldap and cyrus 2.x. I suggest using the sasl-ldap patch for now,
hopefully ldap will be supported in the up and comming cyrus-sasl 2.0
package.

Tarjei
> | > Pretty much.  But Cyrus Imapd 2.0.x and pam_ldap and OpenLDAP 2.0.x
> | > do not mix well together at all.  I tried for 2 weeks to get any
> sort | > of authentication to work (note, that pam_ldap worked for
> postfix). | > And my ldap logs all said the cyrus searches were
> successful, so I | > suppose the bug lies in pam_ldap.
> | >
> | > Also, the patch is useful for those UNIX systems that don't have or
> | > use PAM.
> | >
> | > --
> | >  Kevin
> |
> | It took me a night to mix all things together... It's not so hard |
> finaly. and it's working well.
> |
> | My question is : why do you use pam_ldap for postfix ?
> | My Postfix directly use ldap, without using pam.
> |
> | Cheers,
> |
> | Prune

>         The illiterate of the 21st century will not be
>               those who cannot read and write,
>         but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.
>                                                  --Alvin Toffler

Tarjei Huse
920 63 413