Re: ldapsearch in OL 2

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

> > The search I'm trying to perform is as follows:
> >
> > ldapsearch -x '(memberuntil<=200108)'
> >
> > the memberuntil attribute is defined in my schema as follows:
> >
> > attributeType ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.8464.1.6 NAME 'memberUntil'
> >         EQUALITY numericStringMatch
> >         SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.36 )
>
> Looks like the numericString stuff in 2.0.11 is broken; it's bben fixed
> in REL_ENG_2. However, in your case, i think you'd better use
> 'generalizedTimeMatch' and 'generalizedTimeOrderingMatch'

The Admin manual on openldap.org doesn't mention these Matches, but I tried
them and slapd didn't whinge (which it has for other bogus Matches).
However, I've been unable to successfully perform the search specified
above, even after modifying the schema and restarting the server.

Next suggestion, anyone?  I'm leaning towards CVSing REL_ENG_2, but I'm
reticent to trundle in that direction due to not having the available time
to report copious bugs likely to be involved with a CVS release....

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16@ieee.uow.edu.au