Re: ldapsearch in OL 2

Matthew Palmer wrote:

> I've recently migrated from 1.2.12 to 2.0.11, and have suddenly found that
> certain LDAP search filters now refuse to function.  I'm assuming that I
> don't have the right indexes or EQUALITY matches, but I have no idea what I
> should be adding.
>
> The search I'm trying to perform is as follows:
>
> ldapsearch -x '(memberuntil<=200108)'
>
> the memberuntil attribute is defined in my schema as follows:
>
> attributeType ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.8464.1.6 NAME 'memberUntil'
>         EQUALITY numericStringMatch
>         SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.36 )
>
> I tried to add an ORDERING numericStringOrderingMatch but slapd didn't like
> it - complained there was no such type.  ORDERING numericStringMatch was
> worse - slapd didn't complain, but crashed quietly as soon as I performed a
> <= search.
>
> The memberuntil attribute is not indexed at all, but I believe it shouldn't
> matter - the query will just take longer.  Is that correct?
>
> So, I'm at a loss.  I'd really appreciate someone with more experience in
> this to provide me with an answer - how do I make my <= searches work as
> expected?

Looks like the numericString stuff in 2.0.11 is broken; it's bben fixed
in REL_ENG_2. However, in your case, i think you'd better use
'generalizedTimeMatch' and 'generalizedTimeOrderingMatch'

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it