Thanks for the help!

Hello,

Well, I finally got over the hurdles to migrate my data from my Netscape
Directory Server 4.1 to OpenLDAP 2.0.11, thanks in big part to members on
this list.

Turns out my 2 main problems were due to the Netscape software not behaving
according to standard:
In the first case, the Netscape DS wasn't enforcing syntactic rules, which
had allowed URL's to make it into a DN attribute, and the second problem was
data exported from a UTF-8 field was actually encoded ISO-8859-1 ... Go
figure.  I should really know better than to expect commerical software to
behave to standards :)

Thanks again!

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca