SV: LDAP help..

Ok, is there some help/how-to on how these should look?

I'm getting this when using the default core.schema.

(No I wouldn't consider using RedHat. ;/)

Ok. This might relate to what schemas you have installed in the

/etc/openldap/schemas dir and/or what objectclasses your user has. This

should not be a problem (afaik) if this is your root user.

BTW: If you are not running rh 7.1 it might be a good idea to download the

src. rpm, and install it (not build it) and get the schemas that are

included there.

> Ok.. I would need some more LDAP protocol specific help. I?m currently

> getting lots of errors when following HOWTOs.

> (For example:

> Jul 29 17:50:28 provectus slapd[20560]: conn=0 op=12 ADD

> Jul 29 17:50:28 provectus slapd[20560]: Entry (cn=Test,

> dc=test,dc=com), attr "cn" not allowed

> Jul 29 17:50:28 provectus slapd[20560]: conn=0 op=12 RESULT tag=105

> err=65 text=attribute not allowed)

> I know how directory services works, I have worked some time with NDS

> and AD, and when I get a hold of the structure in LDAP/OpenLDAP I will

> read the HOWTOs you provided.

> Thanks,

> Patrik

Tarjei Huse