[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

RE: ldapadd

Title: RE: ldapadd

i figured out what the problem was. Apparently, i can't have 2 'o's (organizations) in my schema(?) Although, i dont quite understand why one should be restricted to defining just one 'o'. Anyway, i changed the base dn in slapd.conf and i'm working w/the o (o=adirtech.com) that i wanted to keep in the first place. now there's just one mystery, though. when i try to add more entries to the schema from the ldif file that i created, ldapadd/ldapmodify chokes on it, giving the following error:

#ldapmodify -a -r -v -f ARMAvision.ldif -D "cn=root,o=adirtech.com"
Bind Password:
ldapmodify: missing value on line 3 (attr is objectclass: top)

could anybody comment on whats wrong w/that. I read the RFC on LDIF and searched for the solution but couldn't find one.

thanks in advance
-- A

P.S. I still why/when a server throws the "Resource currently unvailable" error. any help would be greatly appreciated.

// ...this is how my sample ldif file looks like
## Entry for defining different groups of people with different roles ##
dn: ou=Roles, o=adirtech.com
objectclass: top
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: Roles

## Entry for ARMA Administrators to perform administrative tasks ##
dn: cn=ARMAadmins, ou=Roles, o=adirtech.com
cn: ARMA Administrators
objectclass: top
objectclass: groupofuniquenames
ou: Roles
uniquemember: uid=fbar, ou=People, o=adirtech.com

## Entry for ARMAVision Users ##
dn: ou=People, o=adirtech.com
objectclass: top
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: People

dn: uid=fbar, ou=ARMAusers, o=adirtech.com
cn: Foo Bar
sn: Bar
givenname: Foo
objectclass: top
objectclass: person
ou: ARMAusers
uid: fbar
mail: fbar@acme.com
userpassword: secret