Re: LDAP and Active Directory

>Sorry to nag again but I really need some help on this.
>My organisation want me to install an MS Exchange server for e-mail use.
>I have set-up a win 2000 server with exchange on it. Exchange needs an
>active directory on the PDC. I am using samba 2.2.0a as my PDC.
>Basically I want to put LDAP on the unix PDC running samba, so that I
>can create an Active Directory.
>I was wondering if anyone has done the same or if anyone can offer any
>assistance to this problem.

I think your up the creek.  LDAP != AD.  Samba 2.2.x is a PDC, not an AD server.
 Samba can't emulate one (and it will be a LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGGGG.....time
before it can, if ever).  If Exchange requires AD, then you need to install AD.
 There are several reports of Exchange working with Samba (or at least Samba
TNG), but these do not include Exchange 2000 AFAIK.  I am almost certain M$
build in a dependency on AD in EY2K.

It would also be better if you asked this on the Samba-ntdom or Samba-tng lists
than here,  as it is really an msrpc question.

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.
Grand Rapids, MI. 49505