Re: Database Creation Problem

Hey Michael,

MW> I am trying to get OpenLDAP to work with my sendmail so that I can use
MW> it for my sendmail alias configuration.  Unfortunatly after days of
MW> trying I have been unsuccessful.

Use Postfix ;)

MW> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
MW> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema

balthasar:/etc/ldap/schema# grep inetLocalMailRecipient *
misc.schema:    NAME 'inetLocalMailRecipient'

You need to "include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema"

MW> The following is the dlif file that I have created that I want to use:

MW> [root@mini mail]# more new.ldif
MW> dn: uid=michael, dc=digitalplace, dc=org
MW> objectclass: inetLocalMailRecipient
MW> cn: Michael
MW> sn: Weber
MW> uid: rdrunner
MW> mailLocalAddress: rdrunner@digitalplace.org
MW> mailRoutingAddress: rdrunner@digitalplace.org
MW> uid: rdrunner

Make sure none of these have trailing whitespace.

MW> This is the error message that I get when trying to add to the database:

MW> [root@mini openldap]# /usr/local/bin/ldapadd -x -D
MW> "cn=Manager,dc=digitalplace,d
MW> c=org" -W -f /etc/mail/new.ldif
MW> Enter LDAP Password:
MW> adding new entry "uid=michael, dc=digitalplace, dc=org"
MW> ldap_add: Undefined attribute type
MW>         additional info: mailLocalAddress: L1

MW> ldif_record() = 17

Looks like you just didn't have the right schema file included.  Try that,
and see if your problem is fixed.

MW> Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Saving your ass yet again ;)

--
In ZAX,
 Kevin