Re: maintaining uniqueness of uid across subtree's

Hi,
       Thanks a lot again for your suggestions ..Here we have tried out all the
possible combinations suggested by you but the meta does not  seem to be
working.

We have tried with the below mentioned format ... it has not helped as far as
searching across multiple subtree's is concerned ..

database            meta
suffix              "o=meta"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/ou=chennai,o=meta";
suffixmassage       "ou=chennai,o=meta" "ou=chennai,o=xyz"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/ou=bombay,o=meta";
suffixmassage        "ou=bombay,o=meta" "ou=bombay,o=xyz"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/o=meta";
suffixmassage         "o=meta" "o=xyz"

We also tried out the other method  suggested by you ...ie putting meta on
another host that is also giving the same problem ...

Where could we be possibly going wrong ?? Is it for sure that meta is a solution
for searching across multiple subtree's ??

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Sovan

|--------+------------------------->
|        |          Pierangelo     |
|        |          Masarati       |
|        |          <masarati@aero.|
|        |          polimi.it>     |
|        |                         |
|        |          11/07/01 19:03 |
|        |                         |
|--------+------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     Sovan Shatpathy/Satyam@Satyam            |
  |       cc:     openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org           |
  |       Subject:     Re: maintaining uniqueness of  uid  |
  |       across subtree's                                 |

Sovan_Shatpathy@satyam-infoway.com wrote:

> Hi,
>      Thanks for your suggestions ... with the command mentioned by you in the
> mail we have managed to install cvs successfully and also done the configure
> with enable meta and rewrite. I am pasting below the portion of the slapd.conf
> which we have included over and above the regular definations.
>
> database            meta
> suffix              "o=meta,o=xyz"
> uri                 "ldap://localhost/ou=chennai,o=meta,o=xyz";
> suffixmassage       "ou=chennai,o=meta,o=xyz" "ou=chennai,o=xyz"
> uri                  "ldap://localhost/ou=bombay,o=meta,o=xyz";
> suffixmassage        "ou=bombay,o=meta,o=xyz" "ou=bombay,o=xyz"
> uri                   "ldap://localhost/o=meta,o=xyz";
> suffixmassage         "o=meta,o=xyz" "o=xyz"

You're right. To put the meta on the same server
you need to change the naming context of the meta:

database            meta
suffix              "o=meta"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/ou=chennai,o=meta";
suffixmassage       "ou=chennai,o=meta" "ou=chennai,o=xyz"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/ou=bombay,o=meta";
suffixmassage        "ou=bombay,o=meta" "ou=bombay,o=xyz"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/o=meta";
suffixmassage         "o=meta" "o=xyz"

Otherwise, you can put the meta on another host (or
in another server listening to another port): in this
case you can even use the same naming context of your
original server:

database            meta
suffix              "o=xyz"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/ou=chennai,o=xyz";
uri                   "ldap://localhost/ou=bombay,o=xyz";
uri                   "ldap://localhost/o=xyz";

Cheers, Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it