cn=*...*...*...* bug?

Strangely enough, a search on my database with filter:

returns an entry whose (only) cn is "Jean-Claude REGNIER".

Actually, it seems that the second part isn't taken into account at all:

returns the same entry.

It's like as if there was a bug in the filter processing when you have four (or more?) wildcards.

One might suspect the indices, but I don't think they're corrupted. The database is fresh. I have a "eq,sub" index on cn.

cn is declared in the standard way in core.schema. A search with only three wildcards gives the correct answers.

I'm on openldap 2.0.11 over berkeley db 3.2.9.

Does someone else have the same problem? Try "*john*blurblesmooch*smith*" for instance.

David Olivier
Klebs gardien Alpages CRI courrier brebis Lyon 2 Lumière