RE: PAM and LDAP Problem

Well, I got things working from PAM, but it broke my other app (samba).
BTW, uniquemember works if the pam_member_attribute is appropriately set in
the ldap.conf.

My problem seems to be the password scripts.  Here's some output:
[root@fpott01 bin]# ./smbpasswd -a ndressler -D 255
getpwnam(ndressler)
Building passwd hash table
Building passwd hash table for the first time
ndressler not found
getpwnam(ndressler)
ndressler not found
getpwnam(NDRESSLER)
NDRESSLER not found
getpwnam(Ndressler)
Ndressler not found
getpwnam(ndressleR)
ndressleR not found
User "ndressler" was not found in system password file.
[root@fpott01 bin]# su ndressler
[ndressler@fpott01 bin]$ passwd
Enter login(LDAP) password:
New UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
passwd: User not known to the underlying authentication module
[ndressler@fpott01 bin]$ adduser ndressler
adduser: user ndressler exists
[ndressler@fpott01 bin]$

SMBPASSWD seems to be using a call to getpwnam.  Do I have something
misconfigured where this is not returning the LDAP version?  The passwd
script seems to have a similar problem, even though the account exists.

My nsswitch.conf file has the following:
passwd:     files ldap
shadow:     files ldap
group:      files ldap
hosts:      files nisplus nis dns
bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
ethers:     files
netmasks:   files
networks:   files
protocols:  files ldap